Who We Are

The Methow Cycle and Sport - Blue Star Coffee Roasters Cycling Team is a competitive element of Methow Valley Cycling. The team is comprised of local Methow Valley residents representing a wide range of age and experience levels. Athletes are selected because of their contribution to the sport and our local community, their potential as cyclists and athletes, and their role as ambassadors to sponsors, supporters and fellow cyclists.

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Wenatchee Omnium


June 9th/10th


Jake Harrop


This past weekend of racing at the Wenatchee Omnium went really well, I started the racing with a TT out by the Alcoa Plant south of Wenatchee. All my equipment was working flawlessly, my Shimano Ultegra shifting was smoother than ever and that played a part in my good time trial. 


Unfortunately I didn't have anyone else in my age group to push me harder. Later in the day I had a criterium in downtown Wenatchee. I  didn't feel too great due to a hard practice lap crash. What happened that led to my crash was excess of speed. I was checking to see if my bike was geared too low and I was carrying too much speed into the corner. I picked my line and halfway through I noticed there was a pothole in my way so I tried to avoid it by swinging out. As I swung out to miss it I ran out of room to get back to the main line. I jammed in the brakes and collided with the curb leading to my ejection from the bike and a 4-5 ft slide on the sidewalk on my chin and shoulder. Fortunately nothing was broken. As I began the criterium I got dropped and had a hard time with the wind blowing hard down the finishing straight. I did not do the final road race due to choice. Over all I thought it was a good stage race and will fuel my future training. 

No comments:

Post a Comment