Who We Are

The Methow Cycle and Sport - Blue Star Coffee Roasters Cycling Team is a competitive element of Methow Valley Cycling. The team is comprised of local Methow Valley residents representing a wide range of age and experience levels. Athletes are selected because of their contribution to the sport and our local community, their potential as cyclists and athletes, and their role as ambassadors to sponsors, supporters and fellow cyclists.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012


2012 Bavarian Bike and Brew
Cody Cupp

                Well I felt a lot better this weekend than I have in the other three races so far this year. I didn’t race great but I didn’t race badly either. I’m finally feeling like I’m starting to get back to where I was last year. I definitely would still like to get a bit more fit before Nationals comes around but I was able to ride pretty well on Saturday.
                I think I came in around 7th or 8th for the Pro/Open field. I feel like I might have been able to maybe move up one spot or at least finish a bit closer to the next guy ahead of me if I had been able to hang onto the back of the front group on the first lap, but they were all riding super-fast and I just couldn’t keep up. I don’t think the next couple guys ahead of me really gained much time on me after the first lap but I was not able to gain any on them to catch up so I pretty much stayed in the same position the whole race. There were two other riders with me for the first two laps but I was able to create a gap on the downhill each time and when we came through for the third lap neither of them were able to catch back up again.
                Though I would have liked to be up there a little closer to the guys ahead of me I had a fun time and was pretty satisfied with how I rode. The downhill on the course was not super technical or difficult but I was able rip down it pretty fast with good flow and I felt like I was climbing decently well.





Keelen Christensen


I felt a ton better this race than the previous mountain bike race. I still decided to race pro and placed 11th or 12th I think. Even though it was kind of far back in the category, I was 28th out of 60 overall in the expert field and was able to climb hard, descend well and almost hang with the rest of the pros. I was able to avoid cramps by taking endurolyte pills and warming up much better. I felt very strong on the downhill portion of the course and I was able to catch and pass a few people who would pass me on the climb. Every race is an improvement for me and I am curious how I will place at the State Championship race at Squillchuck State Park next.


  


No comments:

Post a Comment