Who We Are

The Methow Cycle and Sport - Blue Star Coffee Roasters Cycling Team is a competitive element of Methow Valley Cycling. The team is comprised of local Methow Valley residents representing a wide range of age and experience levels. Athletes are selected because of their contribution to the sport and our local community, their potential as cyclists and athletes, and their role as ambassadors to sponsors, supporters and fellow cyclists.

Saturday, June 23, 2012


Squillchuck Chainsmoker

Keelan Christensen


                After a super hard intensity week I would expect to feel worn out and not up to par. However I felt better in this race than any other race this year. I raced Juniors instead of Pro in order to qualify for nationals, which I did successfully. I won the Junior field and was able to catch a lot of the other Cat 1s that started ahead of me which always makes me feel good while racing. The course was the same as last year except no mud and very bumpy with lots of short steep climbs. I did nick my handlebar on a tree on the first lap and hit the next tree with my hip on the next tree which kind of hurt, but I was able to stay on my bike and not lose too much time.
                Overall it was a good race for me. I qualified for nationals and felt great. Next up for me is the local race up at Sun Mountain. Should be a good one!



No comments:

Post a Comment