Who We Are

The Methow Cycle and Sport - Blue Star Coffee Roasters Cycling Team is a competitive element of Methow Valley Cycling. The team is comprised of local Methow Valley residents representing a wide range of age and experience levels. Athletes are selected because of their contribution to the sport and our local community, their potential as cyclists and athletes, and their role as ambassadors to sponsors, supporters and fellow cyclists.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011


MFG Series Cycle U Kick-Off Cross

Cyclocross!!!!

Sorry that this report comes a bit after the fact but better late than never.

The MFG cross series opener on Sept. 11th marked the beginning of the official cross season for Methow Cycle and Sport / Blue Star Cycling team. After Joe bailed the night before we were left with Cody, Keelan and my self for the long haul to Seattle and back.

It was a pleasant surprise to meet Dan and Meg from Blue Star in the parking lot. They have stepped up once again to support the MFG cyclocross series, and were in attendance of their first cyclocross race. I really don’t know how they manage to be so generous to so many diverse causes in and out of the Methow. Thank you guys!!

For those of you who are not familiar with cross I will spare you the explanation here, and just say that it is pure pain, suffering, and extreme fun.  For the Juniors the racing went great. Keelan, in his first cross race ever did wonderful looking smooth and confidant on his shiny new Kona, the entire race pulling out a 27th place in the cat 3 men. Not bad at all. Cody, after flirting around in the top 3 to top 5 had an untimely flat on the last lap and had to call it a day. All and all I am very proud of them both, For where they are in their training and their limited racing experience I could not be happier with their progress.

As for my self, things went about as expected for only having ridden my bike consistently for two weeks prior to the race. I relied heavily on experience and survival skills to pull out a top 5 in the 1/2 race. I had a blast, as usual, and worked out the kinks in both my legs and my equipment.  If felt really good to represent our local sponsors and show Seattle that we Methow folk have some decent legs over here in the boonies.

We plan on attending the entire MFG series and will keep you all updated with reports and photos (when I remember my camera).

Thanks for all of your support.

Solomon

No comments:

Post a Comment